Process Service Network
How To Locate a Process Server Job
By [http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Danielle_R_Sowell]Danielle R Sowell
Being a new process server in this business can be downright frustrating. You've just completed training and are now certified to serve documents. There are loads of process serving companies in your area and no one seems to be hiring for process servers. Or there could be one process serving company local and they happen to have a full roster of servers. To top if off, the local attorneys are completely satisfied with the process server they have. You need to locate a process serving job, but nothing seems to be available. What do you do?
1. It would a great idea to obtain an assumed business name (DBA) and register it with your local county clerk. Use either you home address or secure a post office box for your business mailing address.
2. Draft some business cards with contact information. They add a professional look to your company and are great to have if you happen to encounter a lawyer during your workday.
3. Create a simple, yet informative website. This gives you a web presence and allows potential customers ease in finding you. Attorneys love to submit orders electronically, so having a page within your site that allows for online ordering would definitely afford you an advantage over your competition
3. Perform a search online of all the attorneys within 250 miles of your location. Look for attorneys that have passed the state bar within the past 6 months and are now licensed to practice law. If you are lucky, you will find a few solo attorneys who have not found a process server to work with. Introduce yourself with a succinct letter that states why they should use you instead of the competition, your price rates, and contact information. Try offering a discount or coupon for first time orders to get them in the door.
4. Advertise in all of the popular job searches such as Craigslist, Thumbtack.com, Manta.com, etc. The ones that are free will allow you to provide basic information about your company. Make sure you sign up for Google Places so that anyone that does a local search will see your company and information.
5. Do a search for all national process serving companies looking for independent contract process servers. These tend to pay on a low scale, but at least you gather experience and a testimonial, which can definitely be used in the future.
6. Join your state's process server association if they have one. This will help you network with other servers throughout the state, and possibly bring business to you down the road. They also provide conferences and newsletters that highlight news about process serving and state laws.
I've been there before. It can be tough starting out with no contacts or prospects for business. Following these few steps will do a world of difference in helping you find a process server job.
Danielle Sowell is the Owner of Cross Courier, a small Process Serving Company in Houston, TX. She can be reached via her blog at [http://crosscourier.com/process-server-blog]Crosscourier.com/process-server-blog. This is the blog to be for all things Process Service.
Next page: Serve Now
Bookmark/Share This Page:
Process Service Network News
Intellectual Property Maximalist Lobbying Group Proposes A New Trademark ... - Techdirt
Intellectual Property Maximalist Lobbying Group Proposes A New Trademark ...
The legislation should focus on trademark counterfeiting only; provide for nationwide personal jurisdiction and venue over any foreign counterfeiting website, so long as such is consistent with due process; and permit e-mail service of process to a ...
Colorado Homeowners Association Law | Service of Process - What is it? - Linex Legal (press release) (registration)
Colorado Homeowners Association Law | Service of Process - What is it?
Linex Legal (press release) (registration)
The court obtains personal jurisdiction over a defendant when the plaintiff obtains proper service of process of the summons and other related documents, including the complaint. Service of process is the way by which a party receives notice of the ...
Fla. Lawyer's Pro Hac Vice Denial Sparks Admission Debate - New Jersey Law Journal
New Jersey Law Journal
Fla. Lawyer's Pro Hac Vice Denial Sparks Admission Debate
New Jersey Law Journal
Lawyers who are admitted pro hac vice in New Jersey are subject to the state's attorney discipline system, just like other lawyers practicing here, Leubsdorf said. In addition, they consent to service of process and are therefore subject to malpractice ...
Judge rules witness must testify in Bennett case - Chanute Tribune
Judge rules witness must testify in Bennett case
PARSONS — A Labette County judge agreed in a ruling this month that an Arkansas witness is needed to testify at a preliminary hearing for a capital murder case. Chirag Gandhi worked at the Townsman Motel in Independence, where murder suspect David ...
9th Cir.: No 'Tag Jurisdiction' Over Corp. in Defect Lawsuit - Bloomberg BNA
9th Cir.: No 'Tag Jurisdiction' Over Corp. in Defect Lawsuit
Superior Court, 495 U.S. 604 (1990), service of process on a corporation's officer in a forum state creates general personal jurisdiction over the corporation. “We hold that Burnham does not apply to corporations. A court may exercise general personal ...
Legal Notices - Putnam County News and Recorder (subscription)
Putnam County News and Recorder (subscription)
NOTICE OF FORMATION of JJBPM LLC. Art. of Org. filed w/Secy. of State of NY (SSNY) on 4/11/2013. Office location: Putnam County. SSNY designated as agent for service of process SSNY shall mail process to: POB 1554, Binghamton, NY 13902. Purpose: ...
Madison Learning Center to host free seminar for real estate attorneys - NorthJersey.com
Madison Learning Center to host free seminar for real estate attorneys
From non-payment of rent to terminating commercial tenancies, this course will walk attendees through the commercial landlord/tenant process including summary proceedings, predicate notices, notice of petition, service of process, tenant answer and ...